Monday, November 5, 2007

My anchor holds

It's been quite a while since I made a post but with all the stuff that's gone down lately, I think I'm going to use my one "pass" to avoid the criticism of my readers. As ridiculous as it may sound, I have felt guilt because there has been so much going on and with each passing day, I know I'm failing to keep y'all updated. Well, this post isn't so much to chronicle the past couple of weeks with all events, but to share some words that have spoken to my heart.

"My heart was embittered and I was pierced within...
nevertheless, I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand
with your counsel You will guide me,
and afterward receive me to glory...
My heart and my flesh may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever...
But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord GOd my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works."
--Psalm 73: 21-28


When darkness tries to hide His face
I trust in His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gail
my anchor holds within the veil
His oath, His covenant, His blood
support me in the whelming flood.
When .all around my soul gives way
He then is all my hope and stay
--Hymn "On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand"

For all who have been praying for me and my friends, thank you. KNOW that God is answering. He's healing. He's comforting. He's restoring. He's strengthening. He's bringing morning sun after the night. Please join me in continuing to pursue and fight for light to dispel darkness.


" Biki zai zo da safe"
= "celebration will come in the morning"

5 comments:

Courtney Beth said...

Love you much.

Anonymous said...

I love you Renene! You're in my prayers. xoxo

Anonymous said...

P.S. Renene, that post was from Lia :)

Sarabeth said...

You're such an amazing testimony, my dear friend. I praise the Lord for his faithfulness to us, and the faithfulness that he has shown to you. I love you so much!

Corinne said...

Hi my dearest friend! Thank you for your words.
Miss you, Corinne